As many customers look to modernize aging applications, Phacil is bridging the transformation from legacy to new application solutions. We combine software development, engineering and performance management disciplines to deliver consistent legacy application sustainment while architecting and implementing cost-conscious capability-rich application options.
Whether it is fighting wildfires across the nation, supporting the execution of the Army’s billion dollar annual budget, or managing hundreds of thousands of patents for emerging and new technologies, government agencies such as the US Department of Agriculture, Army Contracting Command, and the US Patent and Trademark Office, have come to trust Phacil as their premier provider of software services for these reasons.
Software Applications Development
- Technology agnosticism means Phacil looks to the right technology to solve our customer’s unique problems, not participating in a product vendor sales race. We look to the most cost advantageous high performing solutions that can solve today’s problem and adaptable to meet problems many years from now.
- Successful rapid software development uses process maturity to increase interval, code, and sprint velocity. With experience performing Agile, DevOps, and Waterfall methodologies, and as a CMMI-Dev Level 3 appraised organization, we maintain superior performance across our Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to include software design, documentation, testing, debugging, and deployment/release.
- Increasing the nimbleness of some of our customers’ Application Services has led to the creation of cross-functional software support capabilities. Phacil’s Application Engineering, Integration and Operations tailors DevOps efforts to meet unique customer business/mission needs.
Software Application Services
Phacil specializes in reliability and working with our customers to maintain user-friendly applications including:
- Web-based design and development services (e.g. web portal development); Sharepoint design and development services;
- Application server hosting, with application performance monitoring and tuning; Proactive management of servers and networks with Tier 3 & 4 support;
- Software maintenance, debugging, and application enhancements;
- Data migrations, server migrations, server upgrades, tools development, etc. and Service desk technical support for software applications. Customizing Software-as-a-Service solutions such as SharePoint, ServiceNow, or Salesforce to meet business/mission needs.
Customizing Software-as-a-Service solutions such as SharePoint, ServiceNow, or Salesforce to meet business/mission needs:
- Intelligent Human Factor design and Web-based design and development services
Data is the heart of our customers; Supporting greater data integrity is ours:
- Master Data Management (MDM) with Data governance, cleansing, quality control and server and data migrations
Software Management Services
- Large scale, mission critical software development generates significant integration challenges. We establish monitoring capabilities, governance, and master scheduling as well as practice custom hiring strategies to deploy highly-skilled project managers to successfully simply the complexity.
Some key successes in the areas of software services include the following:
Department of Agriculture (USDA)
A fire breaks out in southern California. The U.S. Forest Service is trying to deploy their best, closest personnel and other resources to get the flames under control. The USDA Resource Ordering and Status System (ROSS) is the system that provides locates and deploys these resources. We provide USDA FS with 24/7/365 operations and technical support for the ROSS application, leveraging CMMI DEV level 3, and SVC level 2 appraised processes.
Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Our support of USPTO’s mission (promoting industrial and technical progress) occurs through our Software Development and Integration (SDI) services contract. We use our Agile Secure SDLC using Scrum & Kanban methodologies to provide secure, highly available application sustainment and next generation software development support for 23 applications. Our high quality, on-time, releases have improved availability while reducing sustainment costs by approximately 30% per application.
U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM)
As part of the Military Surface Deployment Distribution Command (SDDC) mission to deliver origin-to-destination distribution services, the Electronic Transportation Acquisition (ETA) application serves as the SDDC single-sign-on authentication service for over 1.2 million people at USTRANSCOM. Our team provides technical and lifecycle management for the collective components of ETA (the Carrier Appointment System, SafetyNet, and Installation Outloading Capability Collection).
National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST)
With a core mission to promote innovation and industrial competitiveness, it is imperative that NIST possess top-notch technology and innovative software solutions. Our team leverages a DevOps approach, combining Agile and Waterfall methodologies, to develop customized software solutions like the NIST Research Ballistic Toolmark Database (NRBTD). Through our commitment to excellence, we continue to provide 100% of deliverables on or ahead of schedule.
Specific Software Services We Offer:
• Enterprise Software Development
• Military Software Application Development
• Data Warehouse Solutions
• Geospatial Information System (GIS) Solutions
• Learning Management Systems/Online Training
• Mobile Applications
• Portals and Dashboards Solutions
• Automated Workflow Solutions
• SOA Web Service/Integration Solutions
• Web Application Development
• Web Portal Operations and Maintenance
• Simulation Tools
• Virtual Computing/Transition Services
• Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)